- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for the work surface
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Heat oven to 375° F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Using a pastry blender, a fork, or your fingertips, add the butter and combine until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add the thyme and toss.
- In a measuring cup, whisk together the milk and mayonnaise. Add to the flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and pat into a rectangle about 1 inch thick. Cut the biscuits into squares. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake until lightly browned, about 25 minutes. Serve hot.