- 1¼ cups canola oil, divided
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, such as flat-leaf parsley, chives, and thyme
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (about ¾ cup)
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place 1 teaspoon of the oil in each cup of a 12-cup popover pan or muffin tin. When oven is preheated, place pan in oven for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, process milk, eggs, butter, and salt in a blender on low until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Add flour and process on medium until well combined. Stir in herbs and lemon zest.
- Remove popover pan from oven. Working quickly, divide batter evenly among cups, filling almost halfway. Top evenly with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Without removing pan from oven, reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Bake until puffed and well browned, 33 to 35 minutes more.