- 1 pound new potatoes, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pickle, sliced
- 1 small head butter lettuce
- 1 beefsteak tomato, sliced
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- In a bowl, toss the potatoes and oil. Spread on a baking sheet and roast, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill or grill pan to medium.
- Shape the beef into four 1-inch-thick patties. Season with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium.
- Transfer the patties to buns and top with the mayonnaise, pickle, lettuce, and tomato. Serve with the chips.