- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 3 navel oranges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1-inch piece ginger, thinly sliced
- 4 6-ounce pieces halibut, skin removed
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bunch scallions (white and light green parts), thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Cut the oranges into segments, removing the surrounding membranes. Squeeze the membranes over a bowl to catch their juices.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ginger and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the halibut with ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and the cumin. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Turn the halibut, add the oranges with any liquid and scallions, and cook until the fish is the same color throughout and flakes easily, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Divide the pasta and fish among plates. Spoon the oranges and sauce over the top. Sprinkle with the cilantro.