- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 small head green cabbage (about 1 1/2 pounds), quartered
- 4 6-ounce pieces of hake fillet or other firm-fleshed fish, such as cod or snapper
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 8 sprigs fresh dill
- 3 lemons, 2 cut into thin slices and 1 used to make 1 tablespoon zest
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, fill a pot with 2 inches of water, fit with a steamer basket, and bring to a boil.
- Place the cabbage in the basket, cover the pot, and steam until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat broiler. Arrange the fish on a broilerproof baking dish and season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Place 2 sprigs of dill, 3 lemon slices, and 1 tablespoon butter on top of each piece of fish.
- Broil until the fish is opaque throughout, 10 to 12 minutes. Toss the rice with the zest and remaining butter. Serve with the fish and cabbage.