- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 1 to 2 lemons)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 small shallot, minced
- zest of 1 lemon, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 fresh tuna steaks, about 1/2 pound each
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons capers, roughly chopped
- 1 cup arugula, roughly chopped
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, honey, shallot, lemon zest, garlic, oregano, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Arrange tuna steaks in shallow baking dish and pour ½ cup of the vinaigrette over them. Turn tuna to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining vinaigrette with the tomatoes, capers, and arugula. Set aside.
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high. Grill the tuna, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Serve topped with the salsa.