- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 3 limes)
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 4 ounces haricots verts (French green beans), thinly sliced
- 6 small bell peppers, thinly sliced into rings (about 1¼ cups)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1½ pounds hanger steak, center membrane removed, cut into 4 equal pieces
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat grill to high. Stir together the lime juice, salt, and ¼ cup (4 tablespoons) of the oil in a small bowl. Add the onion and let stand at least 10 minutes. Add the haricots verts, bell peppers, and cilantro; toss to combine.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the steak with the black pepper and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Grill until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of each piece registers 130°F, 5 to 7 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let stand 5 minutes; cut against the grain into thin slices. Serve with the slaw.