- 1 teaspoon saffron threads (optional), crumbled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined shrimp (jumbo or large)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- kosher salt
- If using saffron, in a small bowl, stir together the saffron and 2 teaspoons boiling water; let cool. Add the mayonnaise and garlic and stir to combine.
- Heat grill to medium-high. In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp with the oil, coriander, and ½ teaspoon salt. Grill until opaque throughout, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Serve with the aïoli for dipping.