- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 15-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless halibut, cut into 1½-inch pieces
- Cooked rice and lime wedges, for serving
- 1 cup small basil leaves
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and green curry paste. Cook, stirring, until the shallots are soft, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the coconut milk and chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the corn and halibut. Cover and simmer over medium heat until the fish is opaque throughout, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Spoon the curry over the cooked rice in serving bowls and top with a squeeze of lime and the basil and jalapeño.