Food Recipes Green Beans With Bacon Vinaigrette 3.0 (1,632) 25 Reviews By Sara Quessenberry Sara Quessenberry Sara Quessenberry is a recipe developer, food stylist, and cookbook author with nearly two decades of experience in the culinary arts. She was a food stylist and recipe developer at Real Simple for five years. She's currently the food director at doitDelicious.com. Highlights: * Food director at doitDelicious.com * Collaborates with Jessica Seinfeld on recipes for her cookbooks and website * Wrote an award-winning cookbook, The Good Neighbor Cookbook Real Simple's Editorial Guidelines and Kate Merker Kate Merker Kate Merker is the chief food director at Hearst Magazines. She has over two decades of experience producing food content for print and digital publications, including Real Simple. Highlights: * At Real Simple, Kate worked her way up from editorial assistant to senior food editor * Served as food and nutrition director at Woman's Day for seven years * Joined Hearst Magazines as chief food director (2017) Real Simple's Editorial Guidelines Updated on April 6, 2017 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Toss the green beans with a warm dressing of softened shallots, cider vinegar, and crisp bacon. Get the recipe. Photo: Gentl & Hyers Hands On Time: 15 mins Total Time: 25 mins Yield: 8 serves Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients kosher salt and black pepper 2 pounds green beans, trimmed 6 slices bacon 2 shallots, sliced 2 tablespoons cider vinegar 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard 2 tablespoons olive oil Directions Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add 1 tablespoon salt. Add the green beans and cook until just tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and run under cold water to cool; transfer to a serving bowl. Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes; transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Let cool, then break into pieces. Discard all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon drippings from the skillet and return to medium heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in the vinegar, mustard, oil, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add to the green beans, along with the bacon, and toss to combine. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 121 Calories 8g Fat 9g Carbs 4g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Calories 121 % Daily Value * Total Fat 8g 10% Saturated Fat 2g 10% Cholesterol 8mg 3% Sodium 516mg 22% Total Carbohydrate 9g 3% Total Sugars 2g Protein 4g Calcium 43mg 3% Iron 1mg 6% *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.