- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted, plus more for the pan
- 2 cups gluten-free flour, plus more for dusting
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅔ cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (from 3 medium)
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- 1 cup packed shredded carrot (from 2 large)
- 1 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- Heat oven to 375° F. Coat an 8½-by-4½-inch loaf pan with butter and dust with the flour; tap out the excess. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter and sugar until no lumps remain.
- Whisk in the eggs, vanilla, banana, and sour cream. Stir in the carrot and coconut. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, 65 to 70 minutes. Cool the bread in the pan for 30 minutes. Turn out the loaf on a wire rack to cool further. Serve warm or at room temperature. Or cool completely, wrap, and freeze for up to 2 weeks.
* Total time includes cooling