- 1 1/2 pounds new potatoes (about 15), cut into 1-inch chunks
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 20 Easy Meatballs
- 1 cup currant jelly
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and add enough cold water to cover by 1 inch. Add 1 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until very tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain and return the potatoes to the pot. Add the butter, milk, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and mash to the desired consistency.
- Meanwhile, cook the meatballs according to the recipe directions.
- In a large skillet, bring the jelly and allspice to a simmer. Add the meatballs, toss to coat, and cook until the mixture is slightly thickened and coats the meatballs, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve with the mashed potatoes and sprinkle with the dill.