- 8 ounces rice noodles (often called pad thai noodles)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 head napa cabbage, sliced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Cook the rice noodles according to the package directions; rinse.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, turning occasionally, until brown on all sides, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar and toss. Cook, turning occasionally, until the glaze is syrupy and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest drumstick (avoiding the bone) registers 165° F, 5 to 7 minutes. (Lower heat if the glaze begins to burn. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons water if the glaze is syrupy before the chicken cooks through.)
- Serve the chicken over the noodles and cabbage, topped with the glaze and scallions.