- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 bunches watercress, thick stems removed (about 6 cups)
- kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Heat the canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, tossing occasionally, until soft, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger to the skillet and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the watercress and ½ teaspoon salt and cook, tossing, until tender, 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove from heat, add the sesame oil, and toss to combine.