- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 3/4 cups, plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- confectioners’ sugar, for sprinkling
- Heat oven to 375° F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- With an electric mixer on medium-high, beat the butter, brown and granulated sugars, corn syrup, and vanilla for 3 minutes. Add the egg and beat until combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and ginger. Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add the flour mixture to the egg mixture.
- Divide the dough into 2 portions. Wrap in plastic. Freeze for 1 hour. On a floured surface, roll the dough out 1/4 inch thick. Cut into 2-inch stars. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.