- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 pound fresh pizza dough, store bought
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a small saucepan, over low heat, melt the butter and warm the garlic cloves. Do not brown.
- Roll and stretch the dough into a 10-by-12-inch rectangle. With wet fingertips, moisten a 1/2-inch border all around.
- Spread the butter and garlic over the remaining surface. Starting at a long edge, roll the dough like a carpet. Pinch the seam to seal. Using a sharp knife, cut into 1 1/4-inch-wide pieces.
- Lay the pieces flat in buttered muffin cups. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise, 30 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Glaze with 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon milk. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.