Food Recipes Garlic Skirt Steak Tacos 4.0 (8) 1 Review Elevate taco night with flavorful skirt steak for a quick and delicious dinner that'll be ready in under 30 minutes. By Emily Nabors Hall Emily Nabors Hall Emily has been a recipe developer with Dotdash Meredith brands for a decade. She has contributed dozens of recipes to Real Simple, specializing in flavor-forward weeknight meals that feed a family quickly and affordably, as well as baked sweets that are sure to delight. Real Simple's Editorial Guidelines Updated on August 25, 2016 Print Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Gentl & Hyers Hands On Time: 25 mins Total Time: 25 mins Yield: 4 Jump to Nutrition Facts Jump to recipe Let's be honest: We could happily feast on tacos every night of the week and never get bored. Indeed, one of the best things about this family favorite is its utter versatility. Almost anything you can think of can be a taco filling, and often, it's the most uncomplicated and inexpensive combinations that wind up being the most delicious. Case in point—these easy garlic-perfumed tacos starring juicy skirt steak seared quickly in a skillet (no grill required!) and sliced tenderly against the grain. Sauteeing a bit of shredded napa cabbage in the pan soaks up some of the meat's savory juices and lends some sweetness and crunch. The finishing touch? A crispy, bright slaw of radishes and onion and, of course, a dollop of sour cream. Ingredients 4 garlic cloves, minced 1 pound skirt steak, cut into 4 pieces ¾ teaspoon kosher salt 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil 2 cups thinly sliced Napa cabbage (from 1 small head) ½ cup sliced white onion ½ cup thinly sliced radishes 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar 8 (4½-in.) flour tortillas cilantro, sour cream, and avocado slices, for serving Directions Rub the garlic over the steaks; sprinkle with the salt. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add the cabbage; cook until just starting to wilt, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from skillet. Add the steaks to the skillet; cook, turning, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Remove from skillet and slice thinly against the grain. Combine the onion, radishes, and vinegar in a bowl; toss to coat. Wipe out the skillet and lightly char the tortillas over medium-high. Divide the steak, cabbage, and onion mixture among the tortillas. Serve the tacos with cilantro, sour cream, and avocado. Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 407 Calories 17g Fat 30g Carbs 29g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Calories 407 % Daily Value * Total Fat 17g 22% Saturated Fat 6g 30% Cholesterol 76mg 25% Sodium 794mg 35% Total Carbohydrate 30g 11% Total Sugars 1g Protein 29g Calcium 138mg 11% Iron 4mg 22% *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.