- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound dry (cooked) chorizo sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (optional)
- In a large saucepan, combine the rice, 3 cups of water, and 1 teaspoon of the salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer until all the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit, covered, 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic and cook until lightly browned, 7 to 8 minutes. Add the sausage, peas, paprika, pepper, remaining salt, and cooked rice. Heat through, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with the scallions, if desired. Serve hot.