- 1 3 1/2-to 4-pound chicken, cut up
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons gin (optional)
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Remove and discard the skin from the chicken. Combine the chicken, buttermilk, garlic, and gin in a large resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Heat oven to 400° F. Lightly coat a large baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray.
- On a sheet of wax paper, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan, salt, lemon zest, and thyme. Roll the chicken pieces in the coating and place on the baking sheet, bone-side down.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, turning the chicken halfway through, or until crispy and the juices run clear when the chicken is pierced with a fork.