- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 10 ears corn, husked and cut from the cob, or 10 cups frozen corn kernels (4 10-ounce packages)
- 10 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 5 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 sprigs dill
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-low heat and cook onions without browning until tender, about 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in the corn and cook for 2 minutes. Add the stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until corn is tender and liquid has reduced slightly, 15 to 20 minutes. Add tomatoes, salt, and pepper, stir, and remove from heat.
- Serve in bowls with dollops of sour cream and dill sprigs.