- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine salt
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 3 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups sweetened shredded coconut
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 325° F with the racks in the upper and lower thirds.
- Whisk together the confectioners’ sugar, cocoa powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Add the chopped pecans, egg whites, condensed milk, and vanilla extract and mix until just combined. Fold in the coconut and chocolate chips.
- Drop 2 heaping tablespoonfuls of the dough 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake, in batches, rotating the baking sheets halfway through, until firm around the edges, 18 to 22 minutes. Cool slightly on the baking sheets, then serve warm or transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Storage suggestion: Keep the cookies at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days.