- 8 cardamom seeds
- 8 cloves
- 4 black peppercorns
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 bags black tea (such as Darjeeling)
- 8 teaspoons sugar or more, to taste
- Place the cardamom, cloves, and peppercorns in a resealable plastic bag and crush with a heavy skillet.
- Place the crushed spices in a medium saucepan, along with the cinnamon sticks, ginger, milk, and 2 cups water; bring to a boil. Remove from heat, add the tea bags, cover, and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain into cups. To each cup, add 2 teaspoons sugar or more, to taste.