- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 small head radicchio, torn (about 5 cups)
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, torn (about 6 cups)
- 3 ounces prosciutto, torn
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 apple (such as Pink Lady or Gala), chopped
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spread the nuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast in oven, tossing occasionally, until fragrant, 10 to 12 minutes. Rub the warm nuts between 2 clean dish towels to remove the skins (discard the skins).
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add the radicchio, romaine, prosciutto, scallions, apple, and nuts and toss to combine. Serve immediately.