- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped smoked ham
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup grated Gruyere, Swiss, or Cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill sprigs (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the pancake mix, ham, salt, and cayenne.
- In another bowl, whisk together the milk, cheese, egg, oil, and chopped dill.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk just to combine. Let the batter rest according to the pancake-mix label directions.
- Place a nonstick griddle or skillet coated with oil, butter, or cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Spoon or pour about ⅓ cup of batter for each pancake onto the griddle. Turn when bubbles rise to the surface and the edges look cooked.
- Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve the pancakes sprinkled with dill sprigs (if desired).