- 2 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes (about 5; peeled if desired), cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 pound carrots, sliced
- 1 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut up
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- Place the potatoes and carrots in a large pot and add 2 teaspoons salt and enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are very tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain and return the vegetables to the pot.
- Add the yogurt, butter, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper to the vegetables and mash to the desired consistency. Sprinkle with the dill.