- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 1/4 cups light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut milk, soy sauce, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Place a wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and heat for 30 seconds. Add red pepper flakes, zest, garlic, and curry powder and stir-fry until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
- Add the coconut-milk mixture and bring to a boil. Cook until the sauce thickens slightly, 1 1/2 minutes. Add basil. Pour into a bowl.