- 2 tablespoons olive or peanut oil
- 1 1/2 cups cooked long-grain white rice
- 4 scallions (green and white parts), cut into 2-inch slivers
- 2 hot red or green chilies, seeded and slivered
- 1 cup snow peas, cut into thin slivers
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- Heat oven to 350° F. Heat the oil in a 10-inch ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the rice, turning it in clumps with a large spoon until slightly crispy, about 5 minutes. Add the scallions, chilies, and snow peas and cook, stirring frequently just until they begin to get limp, about 3 minutes. Add the bean sprouts and cook 1 minute more.
- Stir the soy sauce into the eggs and then pour over the rice and vegetables in the skillet. Reduce heat to low and cook, undisturbed, 5 minutes.
- Place the skillet in the oven and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until the eggs are set.