- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- kosher salt and pepper
- 8 chicken cutlets (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cut into pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- Place ¾ cup buttermilk in a shallow bowl. In a separate bowl, combine cornmeal, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Dip chicken in the buttermilk (letting any excess drip off), then the cornmeal, pressing gently to help it adhere.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook half the chicken until golden and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Wipe out the skillet. Repeat with remaining oil and chicken.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, honey, remaining ¼ cup of buttermilk, and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- In a large bowl, toss lettuce and bell pepper with the dressing. Serve with the chicken.