- 2 pounds Granny Smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 9-inch basic flaky piecrust, unbaked
- 1/2 cup granola
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 375° F. In a large bowl, toss together apples, cranberries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon zest, cinnamon, and salt.
- Transfer the mixture to the piecrust. Top with granola and dot with butter.
- Bake until the apples are tender, 50 to 60 minutes. (If the top darkens too quickly, tent loosely with foil.) Let cool before serving.