- 1 1/2 cups instant couscous
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley leaves, plus 6 sprigs
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 2 1/2- to 3-pound rotisserie chicken, meat sliced
- 3 fresh apricots (or ripe nectarines, peaches, or plums), pitted and cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced in rings
- 1/2 cup unsalted pistachio nuts, shelled
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Place the couscous in a medium bowl. Bring 1 ½ cups water to a boil and stir in the cinnamon, cumin, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the couscous. Cover and let stand until the couscous is soft, about 5 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork.
- Stir in the parsley, mint, and 2 tablespoons of the oil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, apricots, shallot, and pistachios. Drizzle with the vinegar and remaining 4 tablespoons oil. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Divide the couscous among 6 dinner plates. Arrange the chicken salad over the couscous. Garnish with the parsley sprigs and serve.