- 6 tablespoons (¾ stick) unsalted butter, plus more for the baking dish
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 5 large eggs
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 16 ounces frozen corn, thawed (about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Butter an 8-inch square or another shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and ¹/₄ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a blender, combine the cream, eggs, flour, sugar, 2 cups of the corn, the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¹/₄ teaspoon pepper; blend until smooth. Add the onion and the remaining cup of corn and pulse once, just to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake until set but still slightly wobbly in the center, 50 to 60 minutes. Sprinkle with the chives.