- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 bunches broccolini, halved lengthwise if thick
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 6-ounce pieces skinless salmon fillet
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- lemon wedges, for serving
- Combine the shallot, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ cup water in a small bowl. Let sit until softened slightly, 12 to 15 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccolini in ½ inch of water until tender, 4 to 6 minutes; drain. Toss with the capers, shallot, 1 tablespoon of the oil, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl.
- Season the salmon with the coriander, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the salmon and cook until opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Serve the salmon and broccolini with lemon wedges.