- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts (about 4 pounds total)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 15.5-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Heat oven to 450° F.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with the turmeric, coriander, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook, skin-side down, until the skin is golden brown and crisp, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Turn the chicken skin-side up and transfer the pan to oven. Cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of the thickest breast (avoiding the bone) registers 165° F, 22 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the chickpeas, avocado, shallot, cucumber, mint, vinegar, the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl.
- Serve the salad alongside the chicken.