- 1/4 head green cabbage, shredded (3 cups)
- 1/4 head red cabbage, shredded (3 cups)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, plus extra 12 leaves
- 1/4 cup scallions, sliced
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- In a colander, toss the green and red cabbage with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Set aside for 1 hour. Squeeze the cabbage with paper towels to remove water; place in a bowl.
- Add the pepper, tomatoes, chopped basil, and scallions. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss with mayonnaise and vinegar. Sprinkle with basil leaves.