- 1 pound tomatoes (about 2 large), cut into wedges
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound store-bought cooked polenta, sliced into 8 rounds
- 4 6-ounce pieces skinless cod or striped bass fillet
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 bunches spinach, trimmed (about 12 cups)
- Combine the tomatoes, scallions, vinegar, 1 tablespoon of the oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the polenta and cook until golden and crispy, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate; reserve the skillet. Add 1 more tablespoon of the oil to the reserved skillet. Season the cod with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook until opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add as much spinach as will fit in the skillet. Season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, tossing frequently and adding more spinach as there is room, until just wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve the spinach, cod, and polenta topped with the marinated tomatoes.