- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 skirt steak (about 1½ pounds), cut into 4 pieces
- Canola oil, for the grill
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Corn tortillas, warmed
- Avocado-Lime Salsa (recipe link, below)
- Combine the garlic, lime juice, vinegar, and red pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Prick the steak all over with a fork and add to the marinade; turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Once it's hot, clean the grill grate with a wire brush. Just before grilling, oil the grill grate.
- Season the steaks with ¾ teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Grill, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 130° F, 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare. Let rest for 10 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain.
- Divide the steak among the tortillas and top with the Avocado-Lime Salsa.
* Total Time includes marinating