- 3/4 cup vanilla frosting
- 6 drops yellow food coloring
- 6 feet sour tape candy
- 6 vanilla cupcakes
- 2 tablespoons jelly beans
- 1/4 cup coated licorice candies (about 84)
- sprinkles, for topping
- Using a paring knife, cut a 1-inch-wide cone-shaped piece out of the center of each cupcake; reserve. Using a melon baller or a teaspoon, hollow out a little cake from the center of each cupcake. Fill each hole with the jelly beans. Place the cone-shaped piece on top of the jelly beans, pointing upward.
- Frost the cupcakes and cones. Wrap each cupcake, just above the cupcake liner, with an 8-inch length of sour tape candy. Then wrap each cupcake, at the base of the cone, with a 4-inch length of sour tape candy. Decorate the brim of each hat with the licorice candies in a zigzag pattern. Top with the sprinkles.