- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (or 2 teaspoons dried basil)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano (or 2 teaspoons dried oregano)
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and gently cook until just soft, about 3 minutes. Add the basil, oregano, tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and bring to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in the parsley just before serving. Serve with Big Spicy Meatballs.