- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Nutella (hazelnut-chocolate spread), at room temperature, or melted chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 bananas, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- For the Pancakes: Place the pancake mix in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the egg and Nutella or chocolate. Add the milk, sour cream, and oil. Stir into the pancake mix and whisk just to combine. Let the batter rest according to the label directions.
- Place a nonstick griddle or skillet coated with oil, butter, or cooking spray over medium heat. Spoon 1/3 cup of batter per pancake onto the griddle. Turn when bubbles rise to the surface and the edges look cooked. Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve with topping.
- For the Sautéed Banana Topping: In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the sugar and cook, stirring, until the mixture begins to brown, about 2 minutes. Add the bananas and gently coat with the butter mixture. Cook until they begin to soften, about 2 minutes. Add the maple syrup and bring just to a boil. Stir gently and serve immediately.
This recipe makes 8-10 pancakes.