- Divide the basic sugar cookie dough in half (do not substitute slice-and-bake dough). On a floured surface, roll each piece out ¼ inch thick. Cut into rounds with a 1¾-inch cookie cutter. Refrigerate on baking sheets until firm.
- Bake at 350° F on parchment-lined baking sheets until just beginning to brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly on baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Sandwich cookies with a total of 1½ cups chocolate-hazelnut spread (from the supermarket).
- Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.