- 4 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup salted roasted sunflower seed kernels
- ½ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ canola oil
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate-covered raisins (about 7 oz.)
- 1 cup chocolate-covered almonds (about 6 oz.)
- 1 cup chocolate-covered cranberries (about 6½ oz.)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Combine oats, sunflower seed kernels, and coconut in a large bowl.
- Combine brown sugar, cocoa, honey, oil, and salt in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium, stirring often. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over oat mixture, tossing well to coat. Spread mixture in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and cool 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle raisins, almonds, and cranberries evenly over warm oat mixture; stir gently to combine. (The warm oats will melt the chocolate coating to form clumps of granola.) Let stand 5 minutes; stir mixture. Chill on baking sheet until chocolate sets, about 30 minutes. Store granola in an airtight container at room temperature.