- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 9-inch basic flaky piecrust, prebaked
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup shaved chocolate
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, whisk together milk, sugar, cornstarch, egg yolks, and salt. Continue to cook over medium heat, whisking, until thickened, 7 to 8 minutes. Whisk in chopped chocolate and butter.
- Pour mixture into the piecrust. Chill until firm, 4 to 5 hours. Before serving, whip heavy cream; top the pie with the whipped cream and shaved chocolate.