- 1 cup Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread)
- 1/2 pint dark chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 9-inch dark chocolate cookie crust
- 3/4 pint caramel (dulce de leche) ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts (optional)
- caramel sundae syrup
- Place unopened jar of Nutella in a pan of hot water and let sit 10 minutes (or heat 1 cup in a bowl in a microwave set on high for 10 to 15 seconds).
- Spoon chocolate ice cream into cookie crust and use a spatula to smooth surface. Drop teaspoonfuls of Nutella (about 1/2 cup) on top of ice cream. Place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Spoon caramel ice cream over Nutella and return to freezer for 15 minutes. Drizzle remaining 1/2 cup of Nutella over top of caramel ice cream. Top with hazelnuts, if desired. Freeze until firm, 3 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, allow pie to sit at room temperature 10 minutes. Cut slices with a large knife dipped in warm water and dried with paper towels. Drizzle a small amount of caramel syrup on dessert plates and top with a slice of pie.