- 24 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 10 dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 6 dried figs, stems removed, roughly chopped
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted and smooth. Add the shortening and stir until combined.
- Spread the chocolate mixture 1/3-inch thick on the prepared baking sheet, then sprinkle with the cinnamon, cayenne (if desired), apricots, and figs. (If necessary, use your fingers to press the dried fruit into the chocolate.) Sprinkle on the salt, then cool until firm, at least 30 minutes. To serve, break into large pieces.