- 1 small jicama (about 1 pound), peeled and cut into 2-inch matchsticks
- 1 large bunch radishes (about 8), cut into thin half-moons
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from 2 to 3 limes)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds large peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chilies or chili powder
- In a large bowl, combine the jicama, radishes, onion, cilantro, raisins, lime juice, 2 tablespoons of the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp, ground chilies, remaining tablespoon of oil, and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Heat a grill pan or large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the shrimp until opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve with the salad.