- ½ cup Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 8-ounce package rice vermicelli
- 2 carrots, julienned or grated
- 2 Persian cucumbers, seeded and julienned or grated
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 bunch of fresh mint, leaves pinched off and torn
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro, leaves pinched off and roughly chopped
- 2 scallions (white and green parts), sliced thinly on the bias
- ½ cup peanuts, chopped
- Make the sweet chili sauce and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the rice noodles, stir, and remove from the heat. Let the noodles soften for about 5 minutes, or as directed on the package. Drain and rinse with cold water. Place in a large bowl.
- Toss the noodles, carrots, cucumbers, bean sprouts, and half of the mint and cilantro with the sweet chili sauce.
- Garnish with the remaining herbs and the scallions and peanuts and serve.
Excerpted from The Haven’s Kitchen Cooking School by Alison Cayne (Artisan Books). Copyright © 2017. Photographs by Con Poulos.