- Tomato-Chili Sauce (recipe link, below)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 10-ounce bag yellow tortilla chips
- ½ cup crumbled ricotta salata or Cheddar
- 2 tablespoons sliced pickled jalapeños
- Fresh cilantro and cayenne pepper, for serving
- Bring the Tomato-Chili Sauce to a simmer over medium heat in a large pot.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Crack the eggs into the pan and cook, covered, to the desired doneness, 2 to 4 minutes for slightly runny sunny-side-up eggs.
- Meanwhile, add the tortilla chips to the sauce and stir to coat. Top with the eggs, cheese, jalapeños, cilantro, and cayenne.