- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 15.5-ounce cans chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 cup fresh cilantro or flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- kosher salt and black pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine the raisins, vinegar, and sugar and bring just to a simmer; remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, toss the chickpeas, cilantro, scallions, and raisin mixture with the oil, cumin, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.