- 1 3 1/2- to 4-pound chicken, cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled sweet potatoes
- 1 medium yellow onion (cut into 1-inch chunks)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Heat oven to 400° F. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and place in a roasting pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil and season with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the salt and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper. Rub to coat. Roast the chicken for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the potatoes, onion, honey, and the remaining oil, salt, and pepper.
- After the chicken has been in the oven for 25 minutes, add the sweet potato mixture to the pan. Cook for 20 minutes more.