- 3 yellow squash or zucchini, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 2 1/2 pounds total)
- 4 radishes, cut into wedges
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 strips lemon zest, thinly sliced, plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat oven to 450° F with the racks in the upper and lower positions.
- Toss the squash, 2 tablespoons of the oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Place the chicken on a separate rimmed baking sheet and season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Roast the chicken on the top rack until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest thigh (avoiding the bone) registers 165° F, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Roast the squash on the bottom rack (do not toss) until golden brown and tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Toss the squash, radishes, scallion, lemon zest and juice, the remaining tablespoon of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Serve the chicken with the squash salad.